Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving I went to Maine with a friend rather than going home.We made a pie and went to beach even though it was freezing, which was a lot of fun. While it was nice to go farther North than I've ever been in my life, I still missed my crazy wonderful family and my boyfriend. So it was a bittersweet Thanksgiving, but the food was good and my friend's family were welcoming.
This year I have many things to be grateful for: a loving relationship, doing well in school, having a job to help pay for things (like plane tickets), my brother and sister, my parents, my wonderful aunts, uncles, and cousins, my faith remaining strong even though I'm away at college, friends, friends' parents who let me stay at their house over Thanksgiving, and gradually getting over my shyness/not being assertive.
God has blessed me this year and I can only hope that the coming weeks before New Year's Day are just as blessed. I only have to survive multiple papers, presentations, projects, and tests before I can go home for Christmas Break, if no winter storms affect my travel plans.
So when you read this, I hope that you realize how blessed you really are, even though it may not seem like it, and I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment