Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Belated Thanksgiving

While this post is a few days late, I want to wish all of my readers a happy Thanksgiving. I hope your holiday was more relaxing than mine. I went Black Friday shopping with my sister and mom for the first time in several years.

Let's just say, I was very disappointed with the greed of people.

My sister wanted a stand mixer and I wanted a set of frames from Wal-mart and when we got there, both of those items were completely out of stock, but people were going around the store with carts full of those items and were completely unwilling to let anyone else have one. I honestly wish that Wal-mart would put a max on the number of the sale items each person could get, so more people have an opportunity to get what they want. According to my aunts, there was a fist fight at another Wal-mart over a silly toy car that kids can drive. People like that should be ashamed of themselves. Do you really need that TV so badly that you're willing to punch someone out for it?!?

After the chaos of Wal-mart, shoppers in Target were a lot more civilized and organized and I was relieved that I was able to get things on my list there with little problem. Also, the employees were a lot more friendlier than Wal-mart employees. It annoys me when employees are extremely rude to customers, especially when a customer is nice to the employee and low maintenance. I realize that it was a busy day, but biting a customer's head off can make your employer lose customers and money.

Let's just say that by the end of the night I was exhausted and ready to sleep for a week. I do not know if I will go Black Friday shopping again next year, it was so much more stressful than past years and I am sick of people's greed when it comes to special sales on Black Friday. I think I'll just stick to the safety of my own home and the virtual wonder called Cyber Monday.

Once again, I wish my readers a very Happy belated Thanksgiving and remember to be thankful for the things in your life every day of your life, not only once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment